1. To take accountability for the total maintenance operation, ensuring all maintenance is carried out quickly and effectively.
2. To liaise with Service Engineers with regard to breakdowns and schedule services and pick up as much background information on the problems in order to further develop personal skills.
3. To have a full understanding of all hotel systems and be able to act accordingly to any problems.
4. To liaise fully with all departments with regard to maintenance, especially housekeeping and the food production areas.
5. To maintain all maintenance stocks on a regular basis, ordering appropriate stocks when necessary.
6. To ensure all work carried out within the department is carried out safely without risk to health, in line with statutory/company policies.
Growing the Business
7. To be fully aware of all hotel facilities/promotions and promote wherever possible.
8. To develop new opportunities to grow operational department sales to meet and exceed budget.
9. To drive consistent delivery of the Rainbow Customer Service Programme.
Controlling the Business
10. Manage hotel payroll control in line with forecast business levels to achieve budget.
11. Manage maintenance costs in line with budget allocation.
12. To lead the department and create a team environment which promotes good morale and ensures a high level of commitment and pride in the hotel.
13. To ensure effective communication with team members by holding regular briefing sessions and attending meetings.
14. To carry out quality training and development in a systematic and professional way in order to meet the needs of the business. To ensure training is recorded and all new members of staff attend the “Building for the Future” Induction Programme and are consistently coached and counselled on a one to one basis.
15. To review the performance of all your employees at least every six months using company guidelines.
16. To keep yourself informed of the hotel goals and objectives.
17. To attend training when required.
18. To be fully aware and strictly adhere to food hygiene company and statutory requirements.
This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the peculiar requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the job holder may be required from time to time to carry out tasks requested by the Management.