Catering Services aim to deliver the best quality service with an enthusiastic and professional team for the benefit of all our customers. We are responsible for the efficient operation of the House of Commons catering facilities within the agreed financial framework.
This role is to supervise the kitchen Stewards in all related matters in the back of house areas concerning food and beverage equipment. Ensuring that all Departmental Food, Health and Safety Policies are met at all times.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Relevant supervisory experience in a similar position, working in a high volume, high quality establishment.
- Ability to monitor standards of customer service, overseeing the quality of service delivered and ensuring standards are appropriate, achievable and the necessary resources are available
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to build effective relationships at all levels and with people from diverse backgrounds.
- The ability to manage and priorities own workload with minimal day to day supervision.
- Foundation Food Safety (or equivalent)
- Manual Handling & Safety in the Workplace
- Foundation Health & Safety
- Annual leave starting at 30 days pro rata
- Civil Service Pension scheme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Discounted membership of the in-house gym
All applications must be submitted on a House of Commons application form.
More information on the role and the full criteria can be found on the job description.