Permanent, Part Time
We are a family-friendly organisation, and the working pattern can be flexible, but must be agreed with your line manager.
This role is for between 25-30 hours, and could be taken on term time only (with a small amount of flexibility in the school holidays). The hours can be split over four or five days a week.
Candidates must be available to take the position no later than July 1st 2019.
Salary and Benefits
£20-24,000, 22 days (plus bank holidays) annual leave (pro rata 40-hour FTE).
There is also the opportunity for optional enrolment in the company pension scheme.
The Finance Officer will be solely responsible for book keeping, banking transactions, and accountancy tasks within the organisation. The selected candidate will often work independently, organising their own workload. They will work under the direction of the Chief Operations Officer and the support of the Operations Manager.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Supporting customers with financial queries via email and telephone
Processing sales, purchases and remittances
Credit control of late payments
Handling of Petty Cash and processing employee expenses
Performing bank reconciliations
Setting up and authorising supplier payments, dealing with supplier queries and accounts payable
Support online management of pension payments
Preparing quarterly VAT returns, calculating accruals and prepayments
Preparing financial information and statutory accounts for the Board of Directors
Supporting production of annual financial forecast
Managing the provision of office supplies and facilities
Other administrative tasks as required to meet organisational objectives
· demonstrable experience working in a similar role
· AAT level 3 or equivalent book keeping qualification
· strong IT skills – experience using Excel, Word, and accounting software
· diligence, accuracy and attention to detail
· able to communicate clearly and respectfully
· excellent written communication
· ability to prioritise workload and manage own schedule
· knowledge and experience of the advanced features of Microsoft Excel
· knowledge of Xero
· knowledge on online pension schemes, Nest preferred
· AAT level 4 or equivalent book keeping qualification
· familiarity with the Welsh language
Any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory references.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 6 month probation period.
Please submit your CV with a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for this role. Applications without a CV and cover letter will not be considered.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday May 22nd. However, we will interview on a rolling basis throughout the posting, and we reserve the right to close applications early if we find a suitable candidate.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £24,000.00 /year